Spicy Black Bean Burgers
These best selling veggie burgers are made with black beans, corn, brown rice and chili peppers for a little kick.
*MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers contain 72% less fat than regular ground beef. Regular ground beef contains 15g total fat per serving (67g). MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers contain 4g total fat per serving (67g).
Allergen Notes:CONTAINS SOY, WHEAT, EGG, AND MILK INGREDIENTS.
|Serving Size:||1 burger|
|Dietary Fiber:||4 g|
|Total Fat:||4 g|
Ingredients:Water, cooked black beans (black beans, water), cooked brown rice (water, brown rice), onion, whole kernel corn, corn oil, soy protein concentrate, egg whites, diced tomatoes, wheat gluten, bulgur wheat, green chiles, onion powder, calcium caseinate (from milk), cornstarch, contains two percent or less of tomato juice, salt, yeast extract, spices, dextrose, tomato powder, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (corn gluten, wheat gluten, soy protein), garlic powder, jalapeno pepper, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, paprika, modified corn starch, soy sauce (soybeans, wheat, salt), xanthan gum, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, vitamin B1 (thiamin hydrochloride), caramel color, lactic acid.
Preparation Instructions: Keep Frozen Until Ready to Use.
For Food Safety and Quality, Heat to a Minimum Internal Temperature of 165°F, including when on the grill.
IN THE SKILLET (recommended method)
1. Preheat non-stick skillet over MEDIUM heat.
2. Lightly spray skillet with cooking oil.
3. Place frozen burgers in skillet.
4. Cook burgers over MEDIUM heat for 10-11 minutes, turning burgers over halfway through cook time.
IN THE MICROWAVE*
1. Place frozen burger on a microwave safe plate.
2. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute -1 minute 30 seconds, turning burger over halfway through cooking time.
Microwaving more than 1 burger at one time is not recommended.
* Cooking instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. Microwave ovens vary. Times given are approximate.
IN THE OVEN
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place frozen burgers in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes.
Caution: Never leave cooking appliance unattended while in use. Children should be supervised.
That's how many car miles worth of greenhouse gasses we could offset if
every adult in America swapped just one meal with meat for a veggie one.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/