Texas Old West Burger Recipe
Savory ranch salad dressing and a sprinkle of pepper spice up these burgers topped with caramelized onions.
- 2 1/2-inch-thick slices French Bread (about 2 oz. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon fat-free ranch salad dressing
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook bread over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
2. Add oil to same skillet. Brush oil over skillet bottom. Add onion. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 15 to 18 minutes or until onion is very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS® GRILLERS® ORIGINAL veggie burger according to package directions.
4. Top one slice of toast with burger. Sprinkle with pepper. Add onion mixture, tomato, salad dressing and remaining toast.