Cucumber and Crushed Red Pepper Mediterranean Burger
Dress MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Original Veggie Patties up a bit with a yogurt sauce containing bits of cucumber, lemon peel, garlic, mint leaves and crushed red pepper. Recipe written and created by Diana Manalang of littlecheflittlekitchen.com
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt or plain low-fat Greek yogurt (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablepsoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Original Veggie Burge
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 8 large diagonal slices seedless cucumber
- 12 narrow slices roasted red peppers, drained
1. In bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, red pepper and salt. Fold in 1/4 cup chopped cucumber and mint. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Brush MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS Original Veggie Patties on both sides with oil. Grill about 3 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once. Reduce heat to low. Continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes or until patties reach 165°F, turning once.
3. On each bun bottom, place two cucumber slices to form an “X”. Top with burgers, cucumber mixture, red pepper slices and bun tops. Serve immediately.