Portabella Mushroom and Onion Burger Topping Recipe
Sautéed portabella mushrooms and onion top these veggie burgers.
- 4 ounces Portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan steak sauce
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 1 package Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original
- 4 hamburger buns
1. Saute mushrooms and onion in olive oil in large saucepan for 3 to 4
minutes. Add water and cover with lid. Simmer another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove lid and add steak sauce.
2. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS PRIME Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Serve burger on bun with warm topping.
ON THE GRILL:
•Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160°F.
Note: Recipe is vegan only if vegan steak sauce and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.