French Onion Melt Burger
We topped these Swiss-inspired burgers with brown mustard, caramelized onions seasoned with caraway seeds and Gruyére cheese.
- 3/4 cup very thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Gruyére cheese or Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced soy cheese
1. Cook onion in hot butter in nonstick frypan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 14 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in caraway seed, if desired.
2. Meanwhile, place patties on baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 8 minutes. Turn patties. Bake 7 minutes more. Spread mustard on top of patties. Top with cheese. Bake for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese melts.
3. Spoon onions over top of patties.
This recipe slowly sautés the onion to intensify the flavors of its natural sugars. Watch the onion carefully and stir frequently to avoid burning and off-flavors.
Recipe is vegan only if soy cheese and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.