Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Butternut Relish
Sweet, golden butter squash teams with lush, buttery avocado in the relish topping these spicy veggie burgers
- 5 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped and seeded, fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup torn mixed spring greens
- 2 (7-inch) whole wheat pita rounds, halved
1. In small bowl toss together squash, 1 teaspoon of the oil and garlic. In 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan arrange squash mixture in single layer. Bake, uncovered, at 400° F for 13 to 18 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers according to package directions.
3. In small bowl toss together avocado, onion, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cumin. Stir in squash and cilantro.
4. To serve place greens, burgers and squash mixture in pita halves.