Spicy Black Bean Burger with Roasted Corn Relish Recipe
A spicy roasted corn- and red onion-relish tops the black bean burger in this scrumptious sandwich.
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun or hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 2 thin slices tomato
1. In small nonstick skillet heat oil. Add corn. Cook and stir over medium heat about 2 minutes or until corn begins to brown. Remove from heat. Stir in onion, barbecue sauce, jalapeño pepper and vinegar. Set aside.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Spicy Black Bean burger according to package directions.
3. Top bun bottom with burger, tomato slices, corn mixture and bun top.