Chipotle and Cheddar Burger
Two kinds of pepper—black and chipotle chili pepper—add heat to these sandwiches. Serve the spicy, cheese-topped burgers in buns along with ketchup, lettuce, red onion and tomato. Then, if you like, add a few tortilla strips to the top for a bit of crunch.
Prep Time (min): 25
Total Time (min): 25
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 package (9.5 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 slices (4 oz. total) cheddar cheese
- 4 sourdough hamburger buns or hamburgers buns, split
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 thin red onion slices
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 1 cup blue, red or yellow tortilla strips (optional)
1. Preheat grill.
2. Stir together black pepper and chipotle pepper. Lightly coat burgers on both sides with cooking spray. Rub pepper mixture on both sides of burgers. Grill over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until burgers reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F, turning once. Add cheese slices to burgers during the last 1 minute of grilling.
3. Top bun bottoms with ketchup, lettuce, onion, tomato, burgers, tortilla strips (if desired) and bun tops. Serve immediately.