Fiery Chipotle-Cheddar Patriot Burger
Spirits soar when they take a bite of this Patriotic cheddar & chipotle burger. It tastes so good, some may not believe it's a veggie option.
- 24 each (3 1/2 pounds) Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 24 ounces blue tortilla strips
- 24 ounces red tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) black pepper
- 24 slices (24 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) chipotle pepper
- 1 quart 1 pint (48 fl. ounces) ketchup
- 24 leafs (1 lb 8 ounces) fresh romaine
- 24 each sourdough buns
1. Cook Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger patty according to directions.
2. Fry tortilla strips in oil until crisp.
3. Place black pepper on patty and top with cheese; place under broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
4. Combine chipotle pepper and ketchup; reserve.
5. Place lettuce on bottom bun, then place patty on top of lettuce and top with tortilla strips and top bun.
6. Serve with chipotle ketchup.