Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ with whole black beans and flavorful southwest spices.
MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ contain 77% less fat than regular ground beef crumbles, cooked (pan-browned). Regular ground beef crumbles, cooked (pan-browned), contain 10g total fat per serving (56g). MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ contain 2.5g total fat per serving (56g).
Allergen Notes:CONTAINS SOY, WHEAT, MILK AND EGG INGREDIENTS.
|Serving Size:||1/2 Cup|
|Sugar:||less than 1 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||2 g|
|Total Fat:||2.5 g|
Ingredients:WATER, SOY FLOUR, COOKED BLACK BEANS (BLACK BEANS, WATER), WHEAT GLUTEN, TOMATO PASTE (TOMATOES, SALT, CITRIC ACID), CORN OIL, CILANTRO, CHIPOTLE PEPPER, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF YEAST EXTRACT, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, BLACK MALT POWDER, LIME JUICE CONCENTRATE, VINEGAR, CARAMEL COLOR, DRIED CANE SYRUP, GARLIC POWDER, ONION POWDER, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), ONION JUICE CONCENTRATE, SPICES, TOMATO POWDER, CITRIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, IRON (FERROUS SULFATE), NONFAT MILK, EGG WHITES, VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN MONONITRATE), VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B12.
Preparation Instructions: Keep Frozen Until Ready to Use.
For Food Safety and Quality, Heat to a Minimum Internal Temperature of 165°F.
IN THE SKILLET (recommended method)
1. Place contents of entire package of frozen crumbles in skillet.
2. Add 1/3 cup of water and cover skillet with lid.
3. Cook over MEDIUM-HIGH heat for 4 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to MEDIUM. Cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove lid and simmer to desired consistency, stirring constantly.
6. Product is HOT. Carefully remove from skillet.
7. Cool briefly before serving.
IN THE MICROWAVE*
1. Place contents of entire package of frozen crumbles in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Add 1/3 cup of water.
3. Cover with a paper napkin.
4. Microwave on HIGH setting for 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time.
5. Let stand 1 minute in microwave to complete cooking.
* Cooking instructions developed using 1100 watt microwave. Microwave ovens vary. Times given are approximate.
Caution: Never leave cooking appliance unattended while in use.
That's how many car miles worth of greenhouse gasses we could offset if
every adult in America swapped just one meal with meat for a veggie one.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/