Toasted Corn-and-Poblano-Stuffed Tomatoes
These luscious tomatoes are stuffed with skillet-toasted corn, fresh poblano peppers, Monterey Jack cheese and MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers. Lime juice along with ground cumin spark the flavors.
- 4 ripe but firm beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- 3/4 cup seeded and chopped poblano pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 3/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed, or fresh corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Using serrated knife cut off about 3/4 inch from stem end of each tomato. Seed, chop and reserve 1/2 cup of the tomato tops. Using small spoon, carefully hollow out tomatoes, leaving 1/4- to 1/2-inch shells and being careful not to puncture sides. Drain tomatoes, upside down, on double thickness of paper towels.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers according to package directions. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. In same skillet cook poblano pepper, corn, onion and garlic in hot oil about 8 minutes or until pepper is tender and corn begins to brown, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl. Stir in reserved chopped tomato, burger pieces, lime juice, cumin and salt. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese. Toss until combined.
4. Sprinkle inside of tomato shells with pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture into shells. Arrange in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top of tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve warm.