Bruschetta with Quinoa Burger and Cranberry-Onion Relish
The tangy essence of cranberries blends with onion, garlic and orange juice in the relish topping these bruschetta bites.
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (8 oz.)
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 24 1/2-inch-thick slices whole grain baguette
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In medium saucepan cook onion and 2 cloves garlic in 2 teaspoons hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until onion just begins to brown, stirring frequently. Stir in cranberries, orange juice, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 15 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture is just thickened. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons oil and 1 clove garlic. Place baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Brush garlic mixture over top of bread slices. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
3. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic and Quinoa Burgers according to package directions. Cut each burger into 4 pieces.
4. Top each baguette slice with one piece of warm burger. Spoon cranberry mixture on top. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve warm.