Grilled Corn & Quinoa Burger Salad
Savor the bounty of summer with this salad made of grilled sweet corn, fresh spinach, bright tomatoes and red onion topped with MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic & Quinoa burgers, drizzled with a fresh basil dressing.
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (6-inch-long) ears fresh or frozen corn-on-the-cob
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups red, orange and/or yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips, cooked according to package directions and cut-up (optional)
- Red, orange and/or yellow grape tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. For dressing in food processor bowl, combine basil, sugar and salt. Cover and process until basil is finely chopped. Add vinegar and mustard to food processor bowl. Cover and process until mixed. With processor running, slowly add oil through feed tube in food processor lid. Process until smooth.
2. If using fresh corn, husk and remove silks. Brush corn with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Grill directly over medium coals for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. (Or, place fresh or frozen corn in shallow baking pan. Bake at 425° F for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender, turning every 10 minutes.)
3. Meanwhile, grill MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers according to package directions.
4. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs. Discard cobs. In large bowl toss together corn, spinach, 1 1/2 cups tomatoes and onion. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Drizzle corn mixture with the remaining dressing. Toss to combine. Spoon into 4 serving bowls. Top each serving with a burger. Drizzle with the reserved dressing. Garnish with the cut-up MORNINGSTAR FARMS Veggie Bacon Strips, quartered tomatoes and basil leaves (if desired).