Savory Mexican Medley
Put a Mexican twist on a one-bowl dinner by layering MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™, juicy tomatoes, fire-roasted corn, sliced olives, green onions and cheddar cheese on top of brown rice. Then dress it with a dollop of avocado-yogurt cream. This family-pleasing meal can be ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced olives, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) finely shredded cheddar cheese
1. In medium bowl mash avocado. Stir in yogurt, lime juice and salt. Set aside.
2. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS® VEGGIE CHORIZO CRUMBLES™ according to package directions. Stir in salsa.
3. Divide rice among four serving bowls. Top with hot crumbles mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, corn, olives and onions. Spoon avocado mixture on each. Sprinkle with cheese.