Loaded Breakfast Burritos
A warm tortilla wrapped around scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™, cheddar cheese and fresh spinach makes a family-pleasing entrée that’s perfect for a leisurely brunch or a quick supper.
- 2 cups refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 package (about 1 1/4 cups; 5 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream(optional)
1. In large nonstick skillet cook potatoes according to package directions. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS® CHORIZO CRUMBLES™ and water. Cover with paper towel. Microwave at high for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot, stirring after 2 minutes.
3. In small bowl beat together eggs, milk and salt. In same skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, using spoon or spatula to lift set eggs so uncooked portions can flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting egg mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
4. Place tortillas on four serving plates. Top with spinach, warm potatoes, hot crumbles, cheese and scrambled eggs. Fold bottom edge of tortilla over filling. Fold in tortilla sides. Roll up from bottom, completely enclosing filling. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.