If you like a bit of spice with your eggs, this entrée goes one better. It tops warm tortillas with fried eggs and a mixture of MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™ and your favorite salsa.
- 1/2 package (about 1 1/4 cups; 5 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Chorizo Crumbles™
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
1. In large nonstick saucepan combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS CHORIZO CRUMBLES and 1/4 cup water. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Remove lid. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes more or until crumbles are hot and most of the liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
2. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Place each tortilla, one at a time, into hot oil. Heat about 15 seconds per side or until hot and soft. Stack four tortillas on plate. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve oil in skillet.
3. Tear the remaining tortilla into pieces. In blender container or food processor bowl combine the tortilla pieces and salsa. Cover and process to a coarse puree. Pour over crumbles in saucepan. Return to heat. Cook, covered, over low heat to keep warm while cooking eggs.
4. Heat skillet with oil over medium heat. Carefully break eggs into skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. When whites are set, add 1 tablespoon water. Cover skillet and cook eggs to desired doneness (allow 2 to 3 minutes for soft set or 3 to 4 minutes for firm set).
5. Place warm tortillas on four serving plates. Top each with egg. Spoon salsa mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.