Richard Blais Romesco Burger
Recipe submitted by Richard Blais. Richard Blais created this recipe as part of the Backyard Veg Out event in New York City on July 26, 2017. This recipe has not been modified by the MorningStar Farms® kitchen.
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burger
- 1 large soft corn tortilla
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 small roma tomato, charred on the grill
- 1 slice red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small head romaine lettuce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
1. In a blender, puree red pepper, tomato, red onion, vinegar, almonds, salt and pepper until finely ground. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil with the blender running. Add more oil if necessary.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil over romaine lettuce. Grill to warm the food for one to two minutes cut side down. Chop lettuce to 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Grill to warm MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Burger. Slice burger into strips, set aside.
4. Spread romesco liberally over one side of tortilla and place on grill. Lay strips of burger evenly over romesco. Top with cilantro and romaine.
5. Fold half of tortilla like a book to close and flip to other side. Grill for 1 minute longer.