Mushroom Lover's Burger with Warm Onion Relish Recipe
Caramelized onion, spiked with sun-dried tomato, tops the flavorful burger in this sandwich.
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Mushroom Lover's Burger
- 1 Morningstar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers
- 1 hamburger bun, split and toasted (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 1 lettuce leaf
1. In small bowl pour water over tomatoes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. Finely chop. Set aside.
2. In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook onion, covered, over medium heat for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with oil. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onion is light brown, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato pieces and garlic.
3. Cook MorningStar Farms® Mushroom Lover's burger according to package directions.
4. Top bun bottom with lettuce, burger, onion mixture and bun top.