Something green always beats the winter blues. This classic Vietnamese noodle soup, starring rice noodles and chik’n strips, may bring just the lift you need. It’s topped with green bok choy and basil leaves. And the delicious flavor comes from the stick cinnamon and star anise simmered in the broth.
- 6 ounces brown-rice or banh pho noodles
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (4-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 package (10 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded bok choy
- 1/2 cup small fresh basil leaves or Thai basil leaves (optional)
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven combine broth, soy sauce, cinnamon, ginger slices and star anise. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
3. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS® MEAL STARTERS® Chik’n Strips and green onions to broth mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes or until strips are hot. Remove and discard cinnamon and star anise.
4. Divide cooked noodles among 4 serving bowls. Ladle broth mixture over top. Top with bok choy and basil leaves (if desired). Serve with Sriracha sauce (if desired).