Garlic-Lemon Chik’n Strips and Pasta
Recover from a busy day over a lively, easy-going Mediterranean pasta entrée. Lemon and garlic along with Italian seasoning and red pepper add bright flavors to this combination of pasta, MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips, green beans and tomato.
- 8 ounces dried fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves or 5 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 oz,) MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips
- 1 package (12 oz.; about 4 cups) frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Cook fettuccini according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Strips. Cover and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Gently stir in green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes more or until heated through.
3. Add pasta, tomato, lemon juice, lemon peel, Italian seasoning and red pepper. Cook and gently toss about 1 minute or until heated through. Serve immediately.