Thai Chik'n Wraps
All the great, spicy flavors of satay—peanut, soy sauce, coconut milk, curry powder and cayenne pepper—get wrapped up in warm tortillas along with MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips, red cabbage, fresh carrots and bell pepper in these sandwiches.
- 1 package (10 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat multi-grain tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage or green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
1. In large nonstick skillet combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS® MEAL STARTERS® Chik’n Strips and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chik’n strips are heated through and most of the water evaporates. Remove from skillet. Keep warm.
2. In the same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Cook about 1 minute or until peanut butter melts, stirring constantly.
3. Gently stir chik’n strips into peanut mixture. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Spoon onto tortillas. Top with cabbage and peanuts. Roll up. Serve immediately.