Scrumptious Stuffed Mushrooms
Cream cheese, onion, and sage lend a savory flavor to these vegetarian stuffed mushrooms. Perfect for your next party!
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 inches in diameter (about 28 oz. total)
- 6 ounces Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut up
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1. Rinse and drain mushrooms. Remove stems, reserving caps. Finely chop enough stems to make 1 cup.
2. In large nonstick skillet combine chopped mushroom stems, MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES, onions, water, garlic, sage and pepper. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Stir. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove lid. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until liquid evaporates.
3. Stir cream cheese into crumbles mixture until melted. Remove from heat. Spoon cream cheese mixture into mushroom caps. In 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan arrange stuffed mushrooms. Sprinkle with red pepper. Bake, uncovered, in 425°F oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.