Family favorite—Tamale Pie—makes a great one dish meal. This easy version uses a corn muffin mix, MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ and ripe olives.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 package (12 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced pitted ripe olives
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 package (8 1/2 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.) (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
1. In large nonstick skillet cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles, tomato sauce, olives and chili powder. Cook, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Spread in ungreased 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
2. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Add cheese and cilantro (if desired), stirring until just combined. Evenly spoon over top of mixture. (Muffin mixture may not completely cover tomato mixture.) Bake, uncovered, at 400° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
3. Serve with salsa and sour cream (if desired).