Super Simple Enchiladas
If you think enchiladas are difficult to make, this recipe will surprise you. It’s easy as well as delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chile peppers
- 1 envelope (1.5 oz.) enchilada sauce seasoning mix
- 2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.), divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. In large skillet stir together water, tomato sauce, undrained chile peppers and seasoning mix. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove 1 1/2 cups sauce from skillet. Set aside. Leave remaining sauce in skillet.
2. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ and beans into sauce remaining in skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture across center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Roll up. Place, seam side down, in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce over top. Tightly cover with foil.
4. Bake, covered, at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. To serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle with onions.