Southwest Chili Pepper Burgers Recipe
Roasted poblano chile peppers, fat-free cheese and salsa tops these veggie burgers.
- 2 large poblano chiles
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Grillers Prime® Veggie Burgers
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices (1 1/2 oz.) fat-free Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices soy cheese, halved diagonally
- 3 tablespoons salsa
1. Broil chiles on foil-lined broiler pan for 10 to 14 minutes or until charred, turning once. Wrap in foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove skin and seeds from chiles. Cut into strips.
2. Place burgers on baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 350°F
for 8 minutes. Turn. Bake for 10 minutes more. Top with pepper strips and cheese. Bake for 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve with salsa.
ON THE GRILL:
1. Preheat Grill
2. Use a food thermometer to be sure patties reach minimum internal temperature of 160° F.
Poblano (po BLAH no) peppers have long, irregular bell-pepper shapes and a deep green color. Their medium hotness and deep complex flavors make them perfect for roasting. Most groceries carry poblano peppers in their produce sections.
This recipe is vegan only if soy cheese and Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Vegan Veggie Burgers are used.