Southwest 3-Layer Quesadilla Recipe
Three layers of delicious goodness describes these multi-layer quesadillas. Each is stacked with bell peppers, red onion, black beans and MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Recipe Crumbles.
- 3 red bell peppers, 1/8 in. dice
- 2 small red onions, 1/8 in. dice
- 48 ounces Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 48 ounces cooked and drained black beans
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 3 1/2 ounces water
- 1 1/2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 36 medium flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Saute the onions, bell peppers and Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ground coriander, cumin, chili powder and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until crumbles are fully browned.
2. In a pan, heat the black beans over medium heat. Mix in 3 1/2 oz. water, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a large saute pan, pre-brown 12 tortillas on both sides and set aside.
4. On a flat surface, prepare the quesadilla. Evenly place a thin layer of the sauteed onion mixture and black bean mix over the top of a tortilla. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes, cilantro and cover with pre-browned tortilla and repeat the process to create 3 layers. Repeat until all 3-layer quesadillas are made.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the quesadilla into the skillet and lightly press until bottom is slightly browed and crispy. Flip quesadilla and repeat. Remove, cut into quarters and serve.