Quick & Easy One Pan Spaghetti
No need to drain boiling, hot pasta when you make this easy spaghetti. The pasta cooks in the sauce!
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 oz.) no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, broken up, or medium shell macaroni
- 2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Red, yellow or green bell pepper cut-outs (optional)*
1. In medium saucepan combine broth, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat.
2. Add spaghetti, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
3. Add MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Grillers® Recipe CrumblesTM, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce reaches the desired consistency, stirring very frequently.** Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Serve topped with cheese or bell pepper cut-outs, if desired.
*NOTE: To make bell pepper cut-outs, remove seeds and membranes from pepper. Cut pepper into quarters. Position 1- to 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter on skin side of pepper. Place flat spatula on top of cookie cutter. Press down on spatula until cookie cutter cuts through the pepper.
**NOTE: It's important to stir very frequently to keep spaghetti from sticking to the pan.