Eggs Benedict Recipe
This delicious dish has nuances of the classic version, but has been made more contemporary with a vibrant red-onion-and-corn-relish on veggie sausage patties.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers,
- 1/4 cup frozen roasted corn kernels, thawed, or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 4 eggs
- 2 whole wheat English muffins,
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
1. In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook onion over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in horseradish and garlic. Cook and stir for 30 seconds more. Add red peppers, corn, broth, cilantro, lime peel, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium. Cook and stir until heated through and most of liquid evaporates. Transfer to bowl. Cover to keep warm. Set aside.
2. Wipe skillet out with paper towels. Pour water into skillet until it is two-thirds full (about 1 1/2 inches). Stir in vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling.
3. Meanwhile, prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS MAPLE FLAVORED VEGGIE SAUSAGE PATTIES according to package directions. Set aside.
4. Reduce heat under water mixture. Break one egg into measuring cup. Holding cup near water, carefully slide egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs, allowing space in skillet between eggs. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites and yolks are firm. Remove eggs with slotted spoon.
5. Top muffin halves with sausage patties, eggs and red pepper mixture. Spoon sour cream on top.