Better Breakfast Casserole
This hearty casserole combines hash brown potatoes, eggs, onions, cheese and Morningstar Farms® Original Sausage Patties. Serve it for casual brunches or easy suppers.
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1 package (20 oz.) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS Original Sausage Patties on microwave-safe plate. Microwave at high about 1 minute or until thawed. Cut patties into quarters. Set aside.
2. In 8- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray arrange half of the potatoes. Top with sausage patty pieces, 3/4 cup of the cheese and 1/3 cup of the onions. Arrange remaining potatoes on top. Top with the remaining cheese and the remaining onions.
3. In medium bowl lightly beat together eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.