Game Changing Chili Dogs
Great for the neighborhood block party or the big game, these veggie dogs are topped with a saucy chili mixture made from Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™. Add a little shredded cheese and additional chopped onion, if you like.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 6 Morningstar Farms® Veggie Dogs
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion
1. In medium saucepan cook 1/4 cup onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
2. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS® MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS® RECIPE CRUMBLES™ into tomato mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat about 2 minutes or until hot.
3. Meanwhile, prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Veggie Dogs according to package directions.
4. Place veggie dogs in buns. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and onion (if desired).