Curried Stuffed Acorn Squash
Curry, cinnamon, apple, raisins and peanuts complement sweet, acorn squash in this main dish.
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 lb.)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooking apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Halve squash. Discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, cinnamon and salt. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™, rice, apple, raisins and peanuts. Add apple juice and egg. Stir until combined.
3. Turn squash halves, cut side up, in dish. Spoon rice mixture into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 30 minutes more or until squash is tender and rice mixture is heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Lengthwise cut each squash piece in half.