Cincinnati-style chili features cocoa powder, cinnamon and allspice melding with the traditional chili seasonings of onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, cooked (about 3 cups cooked)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in kidney beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cumin and allspice. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
2. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS® MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS® RECIPE CRUMBLES™ into bean mixture. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Cook and stir until heated through.
3. Serve chili mixture over hot spaghetti. Top with cheese (if desired).