This satisfying blend of kidney beans, salsa, macaroni, chili powder and cumin boasts a pronounced south-of-the-border flavor.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup dried elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
1. In large nonstick skillet cook onion in oil about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, water, salsa, tomato sauce, uncooked macaroni, chili powder, cumin and brown sugar. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
2. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 4 minutes more or until heated through.
3. Remove from heat. Ladle into serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle with cheese.