Chik Marinara with Veggies Recipe
Morningstar Farms® Chik Patties® topped with purchased marinara sauce and cheese star in this one-dish dinner.
- 6 ounces dried whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Chik Patties® Original
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
1. In large pan cook linguine according to package directions, except omit any oil or salt. During the last 3 minutes of cooking time add broccoli, carrots and red pepper to pasta. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, cook MorningStar Farms® Chik Patties® Original according to package directions. Immediately sprinkle cheese on hot patties. In small microwave-safe bowl heat marinara sauce at high about 2 minutes or until hot.
3. On individual serving plates spoon pasta mixture. Place one patty on top of each. Spoon marinara sauce over top.