White Bean Chili Burgers with Cilantro-Pepper Sauce
The bright, distinctive flavor of cilantro in this easy sauce makes it a perfect complement to MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers.
- 1/2 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 4 multigrain or whole wheat sandwich thins
1. Place bread in food processor bowl. Cover and process until crumbs form. Remove from food processor. Set aside.
2. In small nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
3. In same food processor bowl combine bell pepper mixture, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, Sriracha sauce, lime peel, sesame oil and salt. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Add bread crumbs. Cover and process until combined.
4. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS White Bean Chili Burgers according to package directions.
5. Serve lettuce leaves, tomato slices, burgers and cilantro mixture in sandwich thins.