White Bean Chili Burger with Pico De Gallo and Guacamole
Pico De Gallo, featuring lightly toasted corn kernels, fresh tomato, cilantro and a sprinkling of lime juice, tops the burgers; while a savory guacamole, made with fresh avocado, red onion and lime juice, hides beneath the burgers.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small serrano chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- PIco De Gallo
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Dash crushed red pepper
- Dash sea salt or kosher salt
- 4 MorningStar Farms® White Bean Chili Burgers
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.)
- 4 whole wheat sandwich thin buns, split
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely chopped Roma tomato
- 1/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
1. For Guacamole, in medium bowl slightly mash avocado. Stir in red onion, cilantro, lime juice serrano pepper and salt. Place plastic wrap on surface. Refrigerate until needed.
2. For Pico De Gallo, place corn in large nonstick skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until corn begins to brown. Transfer to bowl. Stir in the remaining Pico De Gallo ingredients. Set aside.
3. In the same nonstick skillet prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS® White Bean Chili Burgers according to package directions, except sprinkle burger tops with cheese and cover skillet for the last minute of cooking to melt cheese.
4. Spoon Guacamole onto sandwich thin bun bottoms. Sprinkle with tomato and lettuce. Top with burgers, Pico De Gallo and sandwich thin bun tops. Serve immediately.