Strata with Breakfast Strips and Gorgonzola Recipe
Gorgonzola cheese fans--this stellar breakfast casserole is for you. It combines the pungent cheese with fresh tomatoes, eggs and crusty French bread.
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) French bread
- 4 slices MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 3/4 cups finely chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Place bread on baking sheet and lightly toast. Set aside.
2. Prepare MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips per package instructions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
3. In medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, Gorgonzola cheese and red pepper.
4. In small bowl combine tomato, onions and rosemary.
5. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray arrange bread slices in single layer. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices. Sprinkle MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips over tomato mixture. Pour egg mixture over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
7. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F for 45 to 55 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve hot.