Potato Salad with Veggie Bacon
This creamy salad is the essence of summer picnics. The simple, classic potato salad is dressed up with pickle relish, shredded carrot, sliced radishes and crumbled MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes or red skin potatoes
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dill or sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 4 medium radishes, sliced
- 6 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips
1. Scrub potatoes. In Dutch oven combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with tip of sharp knife. Drain. Cool slightly.
2. In large bowl stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in onion, celery, carrot and radishes.
3. Prepare MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips according to package directions. Finely chop. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon strip pieces for garnish. Stir the remaining bacon strip pieces into the vegetable mixture in bowl.
4. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, if desired. Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Add to vegetable mixture into bowl. Gently toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
5. Before serving, garnish with reserved bacon strip pieces.