Black Bean Stacked Tortilla Recipe
Impress your dinner guests with these attractive stacks that layer corn tortillas, black beans, red tomatoes, veggie wings and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 carton (10.5 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Buffalo Wings per package instructions. Cool slightly and slice wings into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add garlic, onions and black beans. Heat until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add water, cilantro, tomato paste and salt. Reserve 1 cup of black bean mixture.
3. In blender, place remaining black bean mixture (from skillet), tomatoes, wine vinegar and black pepper. Process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of tomato/bean mixture.
4. Place 2 tortillas, side by side, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Evenly
layer 2 tablespoons tomato/bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with reserved black bean mixture, wing pieces, mozzarella cheese and tortilla. Repeat procedure 4 times ending with tortillas. Gently press top of each tortilla
5. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted. Cut each stack into 4 wedges. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over wedges.