Apple, Brussels Sprouts & Sausage Pan Dinner
Sign up here for dinner 101! This hearty, healthy combination of Brussels sprouts, apple, cherries and MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties is ideal weeknight family fare and so easy that even rookie chefs can prepare it.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large cooking apple, cored and thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1/4 cup raspberry, strawberry-poppy seed or pomegranate vinaigrette salad dressing
1. Place Brussels sprouts on one end of 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. Stir until coated. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
2. Stir apple slices, cherries and pecans into sprouts. Place MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Original Sausage Patties on other end of pan. Bake at 400°F about 10 minutes more or until sprouts are tender and patties are hot.
3. To serve, arrange sprouts-apple mixture on 4 serving plates. Add sausage patties to serving plates. Serve immediately with salad dressing on the side.