Thai Peanut Veggie Nuggets and Noodles
With a sauce inspired by Thai peanut dishes, this recipe combines ginger and red hot pepper to create a filling recipe with a little spice!
- 4 ounces dried soba noodles or dried spaghetti
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 package (7.9 oz.) MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Nuggets
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 cup slivered onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. In large saucepan cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Set aside. In small bowl whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS® Garden Veggie Nuggets. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Turn nuggets. Cook, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until hot through. Remove from wok or skillet. Set aside.
3. Add oil to hot wok or skillet. Heat over medium heat. Stir-fry onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in peanut mixture. Add noodles. Toss until combined. Gently fold in veggie nuggets. Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired). Serve immediately.