Spicy Spinach Salad with Asian Veggie Patties Recipe
Asian Veggie Patties and red bell pepper top this fresh spinach salad.
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Asian Veggie Patties
- 6 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach (about 8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce or garlic chili pepper sauce*
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS Asian Veggie Patties according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together spinach, bell pepper, cilantro and mint. Set aside.
3. In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook onion in oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until very tender, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and gingerroot. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Carefully stir in vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and chili sauce. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Add spinach mixture. Toss just until spinach begins to wilt.
4. Arrange spinach mixture on four serving plates. Top with veggie patties. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: Shop for garlic chili sauce in the Oriental foods section of the supermarket.