Richard Blais Tandoor Burger
Recipe submitted by Richard Blais. Richard Blais created this recipe as part of the Backyard Veg Out event in New York City on July 26, 2017. This recipe has not been modified by the MorningStar Farms® kitchen.
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Grillers® Original Burger
- 2 slices garlic naan bread, grilled
- 1 teaspoon tandoori spice
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small slices eggplant
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1 small handful fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2 slices white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 sprigs cilantro
1. In small bowl, mix yogurt with tandoori spice. Set aside.
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over eggplant slices and season with salt and pepper. Grill for one minute on both sides.
3. Strain liquid from cottage cheese.
4. Mix cheese, spinach, onion, garlic and garam masala. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat. Add cheese mixture and cook 15 minutes. If the mixture starts to dry, add a few drops of water to prevent burning. Set aside to cool.
5. Grill to warm MORNINGSTAR FARMS GRILLERS Original Burger.
6. Place burger on bottom of naan bread. Top with eggplant, spinach mixture, cilantro and yogurt. Add the top slice of naan.