Veggie Shepherd's Pie Recipe
The essence of comfort food, this vegetarian shepherd's pie recipe is made with carrots, mushrooms & MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 6 servings instant mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano pecorino cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 package (12 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Follow the recipe per package directions for mashed potatoes, decreasing the margarine by half. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, combine broth, carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery, corn, pepper, bay leaves and cloves. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES. Mix well. Remove 1/2 cup of broth and mix with flour and slowly add back to the vegetable/crumble mixture. Simmer until thickened. Remove bay leaves.
3. Transfer the vegetable/crumble mixture to 3-quart casserole dish which has been coated with cooking spray. Combine mashed potatoes and cheese and top mixture. Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes begin to turn a golden brown.