Veggie Sausage Corn Bread Muffins Recipe
A buttermilk, corn bread muffin flecked with veggie sausage, Monterey Jack pepper cheese and corn.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded monterey jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS VEGGIE SAUSAGE patties according to package directions. Cool slightly. Crumble. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl combine egg, buttermilk and butter. Add cornmeal mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in sausage, cheese and corn. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups lined with foil bake cups.
4. Bake at 400°F about 15 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/