Veggie Burger Sicilian Pasta Recipe
Sun-dried tomatoes, olives and almonds mingle in this pasta entrée.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patties™
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced, pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or dry white wine
- 1 cup hot cooked mini penne pasta or rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley or fresh parsley
1. Cook burger according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in small nonstick saucepan cook garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, olives and almonds. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until almonds begin to brown. Carefully add broth. Bring to boil. Gently boil, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
3. Toss together pasta and tomato mixture. Top with burger. Sprinkle with parsley.