Veggie-Bacon Avocado Sandwich Recipe
An invigorating avocado spread adds a new twist to this vegetarian version of a classic BLT sandwich.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 3 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips
- 1/2 medium (about 1/4 cup) ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 drops liquid pepper sauce
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 4 thick slices plum tomato
- 2 thick slices tomato
1. Cook MORNINGSTAR FARMS VEGGIE BACON STRIPS according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper sauce. Spread on one side of each toast slice. Place lettuce leaf, tomato slices and bacon strips on top of one slice. Top with remaining toast slice, avocado mixture side down. Cut in half. Serve immediately.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/