Vegetable Pita Pizza
Tasty vegetarian pizza featuring broccoli, summer squash, carrot, bell pepper and Morningstar Farms® Sausage Style Recipe Crumbles™ makes a healthy snack.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (7-inch) whole wheat pita bread round
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
1. In small microwave-safe bowl combine broccoli, squash, carrot, water and pepper. Micro-cook, covered, on high for 2 minutes. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Wipe bowl out with paper towel. In same bowl, micro-cook MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Grillers® Recipe Crumbles<sup>TM</sup>, covered, on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until hot. Set aside.
2. Horizontally halve pita bread round. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
3. Spread each pita round with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with vegetable mixture and crumbles. Add cheese and onion. Bake at 375° F for 5 to 7 minutes more or until cheese melts.
ENOUGH WATER TO FILL THE
That’s how much we’d save if the
average US city ate one meal with veggie protein instead of meat, just once a week.
Kunzig, R. (2014). Carnivore's Dilemma. [Online] National Geographic. Available at: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/meat/