Vegetable Chik'n Noodle Soup
Steaming hot and loaded with veggie goodness, this soup will warm your spirits on a cold winter day.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces dry wide egg noodles (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 package (10 oz.)
MorningStar Farms®Chik’n Strips
- 1/2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. In Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Stir in flour, marjoram, thyme and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
2. Stir vegetable broth into vegetable mixture in Dutch oven. Bring to boiling. Stir in noodles. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chik’n Strips and zucchini. Return to simmer. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until chik’n strips are heated through. Ladle into serving bowls.