Stic & Afya's Twerkin' Tacos
From Stic & Afya Ibomu's vegan cook book, "The Vegan Remix," these vegan tacos are packed with flavor and are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Prep Time: 50 min
Total Time: 50 min
- Good Ol’ Guac* (see note below)
- Mango Salsa* (see note below)
2 packages (9.5 oz. each)
MorningStar Farms®Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chili
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 16 corn taco shells
- Refried beans, cooked brown rice, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded vegan cheese, chopped olives and/or salsa (optional)
1. Prepare Good Ol’ Guac and Mango Salsa. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. In large nonstick skillet prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers, half at a time, according to package directions. Remove all burgers from skillet. Break up into bite-size pieces.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in burger pieces, chili powder, paprika, coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, ancho chili and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. (If mixture seems dry, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.)
4. Spoon burger mixture, Good Ol’ Guac and Mango Salsa into taco shells. Serve with refried beans, brown rice, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, vegan cheese, olives and/or salsa, if desired.
*Note: Good Ol’ Guac
In medium bowl combine 2 pitted, peeled and chopped ripe avocadoes; 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes; 1/4 cup finely chopped onion; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro; and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice. Use potato masher to mix until desired consistency.
*Note: Mango Salsa
In medium bowl combine 2 cups seeded and finely chopped tomato; 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh mango; 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion; 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro; 3 tablespoons lime juice; 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper; and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Let stand at least 5 minutes.